Friday, July 15, 2011

Sleep deprived & loving it!

I have to admit, it would be really easy for me to have a horrible attitude right now. I am getting ready to approach a next few weeks where I am basically losing half of my staff. Yes, half. The restaurant biz doesn't have the greatest reputation in regard to turnover... but, for the most part, we get wonderful, committed staff. The problem is, for most, it is not an end goal. Sad for me. So why am I not freaking out? (well, maybe I have my moments) Why am I not concerned during the BuSiEsT time of year? As I have learned & grown over the years, I have realized that with every great trial, there is usually a bigger picture presented that keeps my head focused & my heart thankful. In the past 2 weeks alone we have had so many successes!

We celebrated the holiday with live music in the Garden! It was the first time in Cerulean history to bring in a couple musicians... it was fantastic!




We got our 3 way liquor license approved, mailed, and in hand! Now, that may not sound like a great accomplishment but living in a town where only 10 years ago, there were remonstrators speaking out AGAINST beer & wine coming to the community at that approval hearing... it was quite the day in history. The court room was almost full with about 50 supporters in FAVOR of the license. Not a single person showed to argue against it! Wow, the times are changing & we were so humbled by the support! Read about it here.... Now, to find the space to utilize it... : )

We also saw our first printed drawings for the restaurant in Indianapolis! Oh man, it's getting real! We got permission from the developer to basically "do what we want" & then if they have a problem with it, they'll let us know! We are still amazed & thankful for the freedom we have to be who we are. Watch out Indy! : )

And then there's Lenny....


Who knows why, where, or when we really thought it was a good idea to get a puppy right now?! It was now or never.... and I wouldn't trade him for the world! AND although there were a few days of pouting, I think Banks would say the same. 


And possibly even Caleb...


It is nice to have a 'baby' distraction amidst the chaos. It is nice to have something that focuses on the long term & doesn't let me get boxed in to the here and now. It's nice to have perspective in the simple form of a dependent puppy (which is about the biggest form of commitment I can handle right now- I know what some of you are thinking!). 

So, I will have my freak out moments over the next month, I am sure of that. I will live a bit in denial. I will distract my anxiety with a free spirited puppy. But I will also choose to focus on all that is good & trust that what needs to be... will be.









No comments:

Post a Comment