Thursday, March 1, 2012

a wee bit o' growth

On the restaurant front...
We are moving right along... the week(s) of confrontations & bad attitudes have finally ended & we are moving forward in this FOH development! Managers are starting to catch their stride & expectations have been set. I think we are on the up & up. Please God, let us be on the up & up. The absolute highlight & humble factor for yours truly was the result of February's financials. I have had a lot of guilt regarding having this baby & no longer being able to "pull my own weight" at the restaurant. A lot of that has stemmed from the fact that I had to move multiple people up in responsibilities to take over my work which also meant paying them all more. Of course I love that I have staff who are capable to take on those roles & I am happy to be able to pay them more... but my guilt came from the fear that I am hindering the restaurant financially or inhibiting some sort of growth. HOWEVER, for the first time in 6 years, Cerulean made money in the month of February. Wow! Ok Courtney, you can get over yourself now. What a humbling, encouraging step in the progress of this Cerulean life.
And in the meantime, the kitchen & the bar also continues to rock it out!

  

On the home front...
Holy moley we are going up fast! I can't even keep up in photos because this progression has been over the course of 3 days! The addition on the house has begun & although the power saws @ 7.00a are a bit obnoxious, it will be sooooo worth it. Sometimes I still can't believe it's happening... our little cottage house is becoming a home to grow in. 


On the bully front...
Banks has finally warmed up to the fact that Lenny will be in his life from here on out. In fact, I think he may actually be happy about it. 


And Lenny has only grown further in his love of Banks. His need for snuggles & hugs have intensified to the point where he is forcing himself upon Banks. He no longer minds. I mean, how could you not want a hug from this guy??




And on the baby front...
We are 2 weeks from due date & anxious, excited, curious, happy, overwhelmed, and mostly just.... ready. : ) The baby is growing & growing & therefore... 

...the belly is growing & growing...

...and growing.



Needless to say, this life is ever present, ever changing, ever growing, ever... real. 
(and yes, that is Lenny pinning Banks in the last picture)

2 comments:

  1. I saw the new restaurant on that news thing you posted. I got a little teary, I'm not going to lie. I'm so excited for you guys. Also, can't stop thinking about your mini. I'm waiting for the call any day now.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Life is moving forward like crazy!! You look great - I can't WAIT to meet baby!!!

    ReplyDelete