Tuesday, March 22, 2011

See-it-all in Seattle


In the past month I also had the privilege of visiting Seattle! One of my college roommates lives there now and of course, the other 2 college roommates had to come as well! We try to all get together at least a couple times a year. It is always a joy to have all 3 of them at the same time! This was my first time to the Northwest & I had a wonderful experience! Despite the rainy, cold weather, we had a blast....


Cheeeese please

Seattle is a town of hipsters & I have to admit, I kinda loved it. The laid back atmosphere, the carefree spirits, the appreciation of sustainability (in all aspects of the word) and the landscape of joining mountain ranges with ocean views. I mean, what would you be in a hurry for??! So, we tried to see all that we could while still maintaining that Seattle spirit.  

Our hipster hotel, Ace Hotel 
The Space Needle

Brewery


Minor wine tasting @ Chateau Ste Michelle : )


Tanster's awesome pad

And, of course, we went to the market! Ahhh, the market! What I would give to live in place where there was a market like this in my town. Fresh fish, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, fresh pasta, fresh flowers.... fresh, fresh, fresh! It was so fun to shop there for dinner and I even had some fish sent back to the restaurant! They shipped it all the way back to Indiana to the eager chefs awaiting their arrival to create a tasty special for our restaurant menu. They created 2 different specials and they both sold out within days. Rockstars!



fresh.fish.
fresh.flowers.

fresh.veggies.

fresh.oysters.


And, this was one of the specials produced @ Cerulean with the King Salmon! Delish!



Love my girls. Love the culture out there. Definitely a trip to remember! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Although I do not love the picture from the space needle.... I am NOT preggo, swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I am not too fond of that photo either besides finding it rather amusing in many aspects. : )

    ReplyDelete