Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing...

So the Garden got off to a rocket ship start opening up for Bike Fest weekend! Although the weather was a bit stinky (and FrEeZiNg and rainy) the races continued on and all of us die-hards were out to show our support. I cannot imagine wearing this in 40 degree weather with wind & rain pelting your face....



Anyway, it was mere survival to say the least but it is always great to see the community support & have the Village finally bustling with people again. The winters get really loooooong around here. 
The following week we opened the Beer Garden officially. We are still working out some of the kinks but overall, not too shabby. I am very quickly remembering what it is like to basically open a "second" restaurant- staffing, training, manipulating, organizing, planning for weather... Life just got a bit more complicated. However, the grand opening went well and I am SUPER excited to have a whole season to enjoy it this year!

The inaugural lineup! 
Beer Flight
Charcuterie Board

We also accomplished the 1st stages of our personal garden at home! I was beginning to doubt whether it would happen or not but after a beautiful weathered weekend- success! It is so fun to work physically hard and see the fruits of your labor... the sunshine is an amazing added bonus! I am so happy in the sun!

We dug out some ugly bushes
Planted some peppers
Planted some tomatoes 
Banks, of course, supervised

Now I just hope it grows!
And the best part of the day was when I looked out after all that hard work and saw this.... 

my two tired buds finally able to relax

The ironic thing about life right now is that there are many areas that need a bit of 'watering.' The restaurant is running well but I always want it to run better. The busy season is coming up and I never quite feel like we are prepared. I wish there were more hours in the day. There are new staff coming in and I wish I had more hours to devote to them. 
My sub position at Headstart is very quickly coming to an end in a couple weeks and I have yet to feel that I really 'planted a seed' in those little kiddos. There are so many things I wish I could do with them. for them. around them. I have become quite attached and I just wish I could do more to encourage their growth in a positive direction.
The garden at home has become quite the project. And while I love bringing something to life, I only hope that I will not be enough to support it!
My marriage, my friends, my dog... all need attention that I am unable to give right now. I don't like that. So I have come to a point where I understand what needs 'watering' and I am determined to find the time. The 13 hour work days will need to end & my growth will need to come from a higher power.

Thank you Constant Gardener for allowing me to see areas of needed growth in my life. I am forever learning that no matter how dreary or sunny, You have a pretty good handle on things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment