Monday, October 31, 2011

not quite the dream Halloween

Every year I get a little overly excited about Halloween. Not because of the candy or the cute kids in costume or even because I really even care about the holiday at all... It's because I like the excuse to dress up the dog. Yep, you heard me right- Banks in costume makes me laugh harder than a lot of things in this world & it is always a jolly time... at least for me. : ) 
Well this year I was doubly excited because I now have 2 dogs to dress up... a duo to ponder! I thought it over for a couple weeks & came up with the perfect plan! I don't care how you ridiculous you think I am, I was honestly excited. Here are a few successes from the past:






























You can't tell me a bulldog dressed as a bull doesn't make the corner of your mouth curl a little. ; )

Anyway, this year had to be even better than before! So my perfect idea came in the form of The Dark Knight & the Joker! What a perfect pair for the pups! Except.... it didn't quite go as planned... Lenny absolutely hated his costume & I actually felt I may be traumatizing him a bit when I tried to hold him down to get his cape on. Then, the usually quite photogenic Banks was terrorized by the traumatized Lenny as he was trying to eat Banks' Joker hair. My photo dreams with the 2 of them together were shattered even after soliciting a friend to come over & aid in the shoot. Banks made his usual rendezvous to the restaurant to show off his duds while Lenny stayed behind.
This is what they should have looked like:






















And this is all I have to reflect on the occasion...







I suppose, some ideas are better left to the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment