Friday, October 21, 2011

The post I hate...

Well I have officially become one of thooose bloggers.... The kind I feared I would be if I started a blog but then swore I would not when I made the commitment to enter my second post and continue at a reasonable posting speed. Well it has now been over 2 months since my last post... and I am embarrassed to say that I let it happen. It is not excusable... but I have had a bit going on. So, where do I begin to relate the past 2 months of this restaurant life... stick to the highlights & all that is continuing to make this life expand....

We served a lobster on a snow board!
plates are just not good enough anymore

We threw a benefit dinner for Cardinal Services & had a BLAST! We typically have decided that we will not work on Sundays. We decided from the beginning that we needed to set a boundary to have a day where we separated ourselves from work. However, this Sunday, it was totally worth it!





Caleb & I took a much needed post-summer mini vacation to Traverse City, MI. We have some very generous friends who let us use their cabin for a few days! So, we slept & ate & read & watched movies & played Scrabble & then slept some more! 

our humble dwellings (yes, that is Caleb sleeeeping- not a common sight)

Dune ride adventure on the Rhino

The best darn pie you've ever had (from Cherry Republic) on the beach
When we arrived, they said, "Oh, we should have told you that you were welcome to bring the dogs." Thanks, but that's ok... The trip was a much needed break from reality including the responsibilities of these 2 boys.... don't tell them I told you...

this is the look of "i'm getting a mind of my own & you can't stop me"
and guess who figured out how to get on the couch
aaand, don't worry, i will mimic everything big brother does


We have also had the pleasure of being SLAMMED with catering. And while many staff may tell you otherwise, it is truly a blessing to have so much work. : ) The most honorable catering as of lately was our expansion to catering for former First Ladies. Yes, we had the secret service check us out & everything!

And for the record, Mrs. Bush is a very refined & classy lady! 

That very same week we also threw our second annual 10k Hash Run & Ride followed by Oktoberfest in the Garden. The details for this event will remain for a post all of their own... but man, what a HUGE turnout we had! Riders, runners, bands, kegs... lots of the community out & about on a sunny Saturday!



We couldn't have ask for more community support even if we wanted to. It was an incredible day! So we took a break on Sunday....

... and then came out with our new fall/winter menus the next week. : ) 



....and thennnn, Caleb took is oral flight exam & PASSED!!!
and Burge came to visit!!!



...and thennnn (although i hate the pose) I have decided to post a few descriptive pictures of myself to show the real reason I can (maybe) excuse my pathetic state as a blogger...



... this expansion has been a little distracting... : ) 

So, I will end this post with a new commitment to not "cram" 3 months worth of photos & arbitrary words into one... With so much in life to remember, it needs a little more detailed attention.  



2 comments:

  1. Ok so I heard about your blog and it was so fun to catch up on your life! So excited for all that is happening for you two...especially this new growing addition:). Wish I could have seen you at homecoming but understand your life is a little busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back.
    Your belly is cute.
    I wish I could be there to celebrate how great life is for you right now.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete