Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Grateful Post #1

As I contemplate what it is I want to say in this blog, I can never sit down to put it into words. The past few months, well this whole year, has been such a whirlwind of emotions & change. I cannot begin to express how blessed I feel, how grateful I am, & just how dumbfounded I am when it comes to grasping the magnitude of what is really happening. Someday I will read this or my children will read this & I want to truly capture all the good, not the stress. I want God's work to be seen & I want to thank those who are so special to our lives. So I figured, as a start, I would list what I am most grateful for these past couple months that just haven't made it into words... 

For starters, our amazing trip to Thailand with some of the greatest adventurers out there! Erin & Brad, you are fearless & fun & despite all the signs telling us not to go- we did anyway! Disastrous flooding, career changes, & 5 month pregnancies could not hold back the Asian curiosity. It was once in a lifetime & we were so blessed to share it with you! Thanks for being our compadres on the roads less traveled...







Pictures do not justify the escapade that was experienced in these 12 days... but one thing is for sure... the food was amazing, the company even better, & the chance to ride with my love & my baby on an elephant through the jungle... priceless. I am grateful for adventure. I am grateful for God's protection. I am grateful for unforgettable memories. I am grateful for opportunities. And I am grateful for lifelong friendships that will never go out of style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment