Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grateful Post #2

The girls... oh, the girls. Where would I be without the girls?! Shortly after our return from rice fields & tuk tuks, I had another trip planned to visit with my college roomies in NYC. The timing was not ideal but I would give anything to spend a weekend with these ladies. Teeny lives in Jersey, Shoop lives in Chicago, Brit lives in Seattle, & well, I live.... you know. We try to do it every year & so far, have been quite successful. Although the jet lag was still looming in my recovering-for-2 body & the discomfort of an ill-prepared bar opening threatened my decision to go, I praise the Lord that I did!











There is nothing better than time with real friends. Friends that give you advice. Friends that tell the truth. Friends that want to know more than a simple one word answer when they ask, "How are you?" Friends that know you sometimes better than you know yourself. Friends that you can laugh with & friends that pick up right where you left off.




It was also a treat to be in NYC at Christmastime. This was a first for me & it was so invigorating to be around the jolly people, the pristinely decorated shops, & the enthusiasm that comes with being surrounded by creativity. So, despite the tired, it was purely energizing. 

And although I did leave the restaurant during the desperate month of December, I managed to get in a little research while touring the Big Apple. : )
The Breslin Lamb Burger
Dinner @ David Burke Kitchen

Brunch @ Spotted Pig
So, in this grateful post, I praise the Lord for my dear college friends. Because whether we are touring the big city or just laughing on someone's couch, their time & support mean the world to me. Each experience is one to be treasured & I only hope that there are many more to come! Merry Christmas roomies! Thanks for the FaBuLoUs time!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Court! I'm SO glad that you were able to come to NYC and that we could spend the weekend together. I miss all you girls so much and just truly appreciate our time together. I feel so blessed by your friendship and couldn't have said it better myself. Love and miss you girl! Merry Christmas!!! Brit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend was amazing! I'm so thankful for your friendship and the time we had together. The only thing better than fun trips around the country together would be if we were all neighbors. :) I still have hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess i'm behind on my reading... but SO SO thankful that you came to visit!! Love you tons Lavey.

    ReplyDelete