Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vitamin D


There have been no supplements for me lately because this has been my view for the past 4.5 days... not too shabby. :) Caleb & I said goodbye to the midwest for a bit and joined the France family down south in Gulf Shores, Alabama! It was the perfect escape from the cold, dreary Indiana early spring that we have been having. Traveling with the newly engaged Corri & Brad our week started out right in the Delta Sky Lounge during our 2 1/2 hour layover in Atlanta- quite the way to go! Some of the highlights included our view from the top! Or the condo, that is....


We also enjoyed many beach activities that were provided per Jeff & Darla upon arrival. Some of which included bocce ball, kite flying, skim boarding, foxtail, & football... to name a few! We also enjoyed many games of tennis & racquetball, along with dutch blitz & banana-grams. And although it may sound like our time was packed to the max, we had plenty of time to bake in the sun. And yes, I mean bake!

Kite flying deliberation

what it looks like when the sun wins
And.... as if that were not enough fun already, we had a belated birthday celebration for Caleb that ended with Easter egg coloring! He had a ball-oon! :)


Let's not forget that we were in the South, especially the Alabama south... so it would not have been complete without sweet tea & mass amounts of food! I think we accomplished that alright as well.

sweet tea as big as your head

ribs in a skillet
But what I am truly most thankful for is the peace & relaxation that I felt amidst the fun activities. It was rest, respite, reflection, & resuscitation.... Definitely not from a near death experience but from apathy, compliance, or just indifference. I feel that any time we are removed from our day-in & day-outs, we are able to get a "view from the top" to be renewed in our thoughts. I am always amazed at the joy that comes when I get a break and realize, wow- there are SO MANY blessings in my life... where do I even begin to start paying it forward??

So... this was not an awakening culinary trip or an alluring city that I will some day wish I had lived in, but rather a breath of fresh air. An opportunity to escape & 'come home' all at the same time. Thank you France family! Thanks for the fun!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your trip was awesome! Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending this Court. I think it will go up there with one of the sweetest weeks of my life on many levels. I'm very thankful for you as my hand-picked by God daughter-in-law ( which feels like a daughter) Excellent.

    ReplyDelete