Sunday, April 3, 2011

Accomplishments

So yet another week gone by... How is it that I don't have a single hour in a whole week to sit down & write?? Perplexing... I do love to write. I love the release it creates. It helps me process & reflect & let go... It brings me joy to go back & read through the 'accomplishments' of the week! So here is what I felt was accomplished this week...

A good workout everyday (except today). I realize this may not seem huge... but for me, it is. In the past 6 months I have driven myself to anger at how far out of shape I have become. It is not about weight or muscle tone but rather feeling healthy & strong. I respect the body God has given me & it is a personal goal to maintain it's health as long as I am physically able. Thank you Jesus for a healthy body & a strong will!



Chocolate cake w/ vanilla peaches & buttercream

Dark chocolate terrine w/ a caramel cake, coffee pudding, nutella powder, & a white chocolate cloud

Another great aspect of the week happened at the restaurant. Our new spring & summer menu came out! Yum! This once ridiculously busy, stressful, argumentative week in years past breezed through with minimal confrontation. We were organized & communicative & mentally prepared to face the week with enthusiasm & excitement! Man, we are starting to actually get the hang of this after 5 years! It was another week in the restaurant world that I was blown away by the creative energy of our kitchen crew. The new menu items are AMAZING! For example our new gelato flavors are gin & juice: a creamsicle, juniper infused bowl of goodness as well as peanut butter & jelly w/ a yeast cookie on the side! Delish!

The 2 gelatos & lemon thyme sorbet!


Iced Berry Soup w/ creme fraiche & cassis vinegar...the BEST cold soup I have ever had!
Now I realize I pictured mostly desserts... the rest was phenomenal as well...but I mean, look at these concoctions.. who wouldn't want to end their night this way?!!

Another positive note in the restaurant world was a new hire. I don't like to get too excited about new staff until @ least a month or so in. I like to see who they 'really' are before I make a full judgement. However, this week we may have found a real winner! Enthusiastic, friendly, intelligent, approachable, eager to learn, professional & an extremely hard worker. It doesn't get much better than that! Unfortunately good help is often hard to find & when someone comes along like this, that is a huge blessing! Thank you Jesus for that!

I also had the privilege of watching a VERY newborn baby boy so that the beautiful mama could get a few things done to start their day. Now, he pretty much just slept the entire time but still, I succeeded in keeping him cozy without any problems! What a peaceful & soothing morning that was! I don't know how anyone could be stressed while admiring a week old child- what a little miracle!

And lastly, I finished a book! Well, more of a manual...an eaters manual to be exact. It is called Food Rules by Michael Pollan. I would recommend it to everyone! It is exactly what I have grown to believe about eating & food & I was so encouraged by it's simplicity. And I am not trying to boast but I found an accomplishment within an accomplishment & that is that I believe I do follow Pollan's food rules. I will continue to use it as a manual for my life while also being thankful for Page 139, Rule 64- "Break the rules once in awhile!" Read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment